Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Bugs I've Found
Exclamation 
So Far Here is my bug list (everything done with launch base - its awesome) Also I am using TFD

Bugs in UMP 8

The Gap Generator seems to go "behind" any building animations (including the WF when a tank is coming out and any building fires) - bug leftover from 1.001

Has no string support for assault maps, or the playlist modifier (see pic - sorry they are small i'm on dialup)

Also there are 3 added maps (also see pics) that have no map actually there... they are blank but are on the list.

Assult maps when added, no one has the assault flags!

Bugs in YRPM

When adding any of the music tracks there is no way to download them or enable ra2 (could be a useful feature to add - automatic download of music packs)

Bugs in Launch base

Again installing YRPM has problems, and after installed, it still says not installed and does not show up on the tools menu

It does not download the assault maps (or have the option to) I had a very hard time getting them as the cannis network downloads are down

When I manually copy the two assault map pack into the RA2 folder, launch base removes them before running UMP or YR

When runnig YR (original) it moves movies02.mix into the backup folder - why does it do this

***Thats all for now, I will keep reporting bugs as I find them***

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good that you've reported these bugs. Now to hope that Marshall fixes these Wink
Thanks for reporting these.

nathancnc Wrote:The Gap Generator seems to go "behind" any building animations (including the WF when a tank is coming out and any building fires) - bug leftover from 1.001
I think there are a few of these z-ordering issues still in the game. I'm not sure how to go about fixing these (fixing one issue often introduces another, sometimes more). If anyone comes up with a solution for this I'll gladly include it.

nathancnc Wrote:Has no string support for assault maps, or the playlist modifier (see pic - sorry they are small i'm on dialup)
That is actually an issue with Launch Base - presently Launch Base has no facility to generate the string table. This will be added as soon as DCoder's DLL is finished.

nathancnc Wrote:Also there are 3 added maps (also see pics) that have no map actually there... they are blank but are on the list.
That's down to the string table again. The maps aren't real maps, they are just fake maps so that there is a divider between different types of map:
desc:mapdiv1=------TEAM ALLIANCE MAPS----------
desc:mapdiv2=--------NAVAL WAR MAPS----------
desc:mapdiv3=----------CUSTOM MAPS----------

nathancnc Wrote:Assult maps when added, no one has the assault flags!
I will look into this.

nathancnc Wrote:When adding any of the music tracks there is no way to download them or enable ra2 (could be a useful feature to add - automatic download of music packs)
I plan to make soundtrack plugins available via Launch Base Check For Updates. I will get around to this eventually.
What do you mean by RA2? There is a button to copy the RA2 soundtrack from the CD.

nathancnc Wrote:Again installing YRPM has problems, and after installed, it still says not installed and does not show up on the tools menu
I will look into this.

nathancnc Wrote:It does not download the assault maps (or have the option to) I had a very hard time getting them as the cannis network downloads are down
Again, these need to be made available as plugins but I haven't got around to this yet. Strictly speaking I need to get permission from Cannis to host these outside of cannis.net

nathancnc Wrote:When I manually copy the two assault map pack into the RA2 folder, launch base removes them before running UMP or YR
Ha, yes because Launch Base isn't responsible for those files because they weren't installed by Launch Base - so Launch Base treats them as residual mod files and temporarily removes them. You could make your own plugin for these (although you'd have to enable dev mode to bypass the authentication).

nathancnc Wrote:When runnig YR (original) it moves movies02.mix into the backup folder - why does it do this
LB moves any non-stock file out the way. However, files from the CD are on a special internal list of files to leave alone.
Where does movies02.mix come from? LB recognises movies01, mov02 and mov03md. If movies02 is a stock file from the CD that I have missed somehow then I will add it to the list.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Quote:Where does movies02.mix come from? LB recognises movies01, mov02 and mov03md. If movies02 is a stock file from the CD that I have missed somehow then I will add it to the list.
Yes, movies02 is where the RA2 soviet campaign movies are. I'm not sure where mov02 came from actually. And YR's file is called movmd03.mix, as well. Tongue

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
In YRPM what i meant was it does not have the option to copy the music from the RA2 discs with TFD installed (its greyed out), the older one copied theme.mix from a ra2 disc and renamed it to "ecachethemeRA2.mix" so YR could read it

Is there a way to have launch base detect if there is expandmd06.mix or the westwood yr maps already in the RA2 directory, i ask this because my TFD 1.03 patch puts these in there, so if someone was using both tfd 1.03 and launch base they would not have to re download them.

Also is it possible to add the westwood RA2 maps? I know that they are incuded in YR, but some people still like to play RA2 without YR, and may want these maps. (I'm one of these people, i play classic RA2 lan all the time)

Also you (or someone) should find out if Red Alert 1.007 could be packaged and distributed for launch base. It fixes Red Alert 2, and rebalances it (I like it anyway) Its a great non-modifying mod, like your YR 1.002
DCoder Wrote:Yes, movies02 is where the RA2 soviet campaign movies are. I'm not sure where mov02 came from actually. And YR's file is called movmd03.mix, as well.
LB already recognises movmd03 (I typed it wrong in my previous post). mov02 will be changed to movies02 in the next release of LB.

nathancnc Wrote:Again installing YRPM has problems, and after installed, it still says not installed and does not show up on the tools menu
This is an error in the YRPM installer. It will be fixed in the next release.
There is also an issue with the Check For Updates facility displaying plugins that are already installed. I am looking into that.

nathancnc Wrote:In YRPM what i meant was it does not have the option to copy the music from the RA2 discs with TFD installed (its greyed out), the older one copied theme.mix from a ra2 disc and renamed it to "ecachethemeRA2.mix" so YR could read it
What do you mean? There is a button to copy the RA2 music from CD. Once this is done the RA2 checkbox becomes enabled.

nathancnc Wrote:Also is it possible to add the westwood RA2 maps?
I will create a new plugin for this when I have a moment.

nathancnc Wrote:if Red Alert 1.007 could be packaged and distributed for launch base
The author of the RA2 1.007 mod (or indeed anyone) can make an installer using the LB Mod Creator and this will be treated like any other mod. That assumes that it doesn't do anything nasty like modifying the EXE (I'm pretty sure it doesn't) which, of course, LB will not allow.

nathancnc Wrote:Is there a way to have launch base detect if there is expandmd06.mix or the westwood yr maps already in the RA2 directory, i ask this because my TFD 1.03 patch puts these in there, so if someone was using both tfd 1.03 and launch base they would not have to re download them.
I understand what you are saying but I cannot think of a way to do this safely. The whole point of LB is to manage all the files and it can only do this for files it recognises as its own. For example, expandmd06.mix could be anything Only if it has been included as part of an LB-authenticated plugin, and thus had it's checksum recorded, can LB be sure that it IS the TX. The same applies for any plugin file - in order to do what you want LB would have to know the names and checksums of every version of every file in every plugin in advance, and that just isn't feasible. So LB will have to continue relying on dedicated plugin installers.
--Lysdexia

What about a configuration option? "select custom map mix", and then it shows them as installed, with a nice notice that launch base cannot verify custom mixs, and if the user screwed up and all hell breaks loose, that's his own fault?
In practice, that would just mean to check if $customMapPath is not empty, and if it isn't, to show the files as installed. Maybe, if you're nice, also check if the file exists.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I have an idea. I was planning to add a 'residual file manager' module in any case. It shouldn't be too difficult to add an option to flag files as custom plugin files and not to be removed. In the event that these conflict with any plugins activated, they will automatically be unflagged as custom plugin files.
--Lysdexia

That would be a great idea, because I used a YRPM-based thememd.ini, and I've added Red Alert 3, Sole Survivor, A Path Beyond and Mental Omega to my ecachthemeGD.mix file.....