Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trains help for supreme commander1
i am glad it works, my other computer crashed and i can not find my game disks to take off the programs to reinstall the terrain stuff. But anyway

I hope you are able to understand this. If someone else reads this and feels that there is an easier way to explain it, by all means jump in. This is kinda a hands on thing easier to show in person, but I am hoping this gets the job done

Ok, the trains.....create a map. then when the map is up you will see the tabs on the left SPECIAL/OVERLAY click on it and it will open another set of tabs, click on ALL OVERLAY.....scroll down that list and you will see TRACK01 all the way to 16. I usually track 01 for all because as you will see if you lay one down the second one as you put close to it will move, but its not a big deal you can make it straight
now for junctions where 2 tracks cut across each other, click on the down terrain tab on the bottom, scroll down to 165 or 166 those are 2 kinds of railroad junctions. click on the junction you want and lay the tracks cross it. The tracks you lay will not meet, but because of the track you layed down first it will work.

i posted the pic so you will see the tabs on the left you have to scroll down to see the tracks

so you will see the terrain tab on the bottom

and the piece out in middle that is a track is what is under the tracks in the middle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01.11.2008, 04:41:00)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: i am glad it works, my other computer crashed and i can not find my game disks to take off the programs to reinstall the terrain stuff. But anyway

I hope you are able to understand this. If someone else reads this and feels that there is an easier way to explain it, by all means jump in. This is kinda a hands on thing easier to show in person, but I am hoping this gets the job done

Ok, the trains.....create a map. then when the map is up you will see the tabs on the left SPECIAL/OVERLAY click on it and it will open another set of tabs, click on ALL OVERLAY.....scroll down that list and you will see TRACK01 all the way to 16. I usually track 01 for all because as you will see if you lay one down the second one as you put close to it will move, but its not a big deal you can make it straight
now for junctions where 2 tracks cut across each other, click on the down terrain tab on the bottom, scroll down to 165 or 166 those are 2 kinds of railroad junctions. click on the junction you want and lay the tracks cross it. The tracks you lay will not meet, but because of the track you layed down first it will work.

i posted the pic so you will see the tabs on the left you have to scroll down to see the tracks

so you will see the terrain tab on the bottom

and the piece out in middle that is a track is what is under the tracks in the middle

Hi, i see under overlay sector, but there aren't tracks in that list, is there some operations before ?
Example i have two words " Set overlay manually" and "Set overlay data manually", can used these two voices ?

Thank you and what happened on your old computer ?
here is a test map it is a map that i created to see if you can see the train tracks. it is an urban map just the tracks