Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Marshall
Question 
Hello, I am the creator of the unofficial TFD 1.03 patch. I was wondering if I could include your mod as a part of my 1.03 patch (optional to the user of course) What I would like to do is have it install the 1.002 (version eight) files, with a modified playlist that has the ra2 and ra2x tracks pre-configured. Please let me know.
The whole point of the YR Playlist Manager is that users can choose whatever tracks they want. The possibility of a YR 1.002 'patch' was discussed a long time ago and ultimately couldn't be agreed.

The current consensus is that the YR 1.002 UMP is a mod, or should be incorporated into other mods, and soundtracks are plugins that can be included if wanted but not compulsory.

Launch Base is what I advocate now, and users of Launch Base would find any such patch useless - Launch Base would automatically remove it. If you are not familiar with Launch Base then I suggest you check it out.

Also, having a separate patch for TFD Yuri's Revenge is a bad idea - any YR project should work for both TFD and original.

These are, of course, just my opinions although I think you'll find they are echoed by others too.

In summary:
I appreciate you asking me first.
I think your patch idea has many problems and is ultimately unworkable.
However, you can still use the UMP resources if you want to - they are free to be used for any project as long as appropriate credit is given.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Thank you for letting me do so. I will give you credit for the 1.002 of course! Also I will notify the user of the problems it will have with the launch manager, and leave the choice up to them to install tfd 1.03 with or without YR 1.002