Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A disturbance in the force?
I was just on my way to bed and just wanted to check the forums before I go, and had to realize the webserver was down; I have no idea wtf happened, I'm just glad I caught it before I went to bed. Since the mail and news daemons worked fine, I had no indicator at all something wasn't right, and have no idea how long this problem lasted. I sincerely apologize to all hostees. I have no idea what the hell happened.

After restarting Apache, everything seems to be fine now. We'll investigate the incident and be on the lookout for further problem.
Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Update: After investigation, it seems like, some 5 hours ago, Apache couldn't make a child process it spawned exit properly; it tried to continue anyway, but failed - leading to the crash. Unfortunately, while the error log does mention the process ID, it does not mention what that process was doing. So while we know time and reason of the crash, we do not know the cause, and finding that cause will be difficult. (The process tried to exit at 4:43:30 - that means any of the access attempts before that could have spawned the process - it will be hard to find out which one.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.