Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Help pls
Hi there

Im playin ra2 with a friend of mine and since he doesent like Yuris revenge
i want to make some changes to soviets since i think its a bit imbalanced for them Big Grin
What i want is for example to train spy with russians or build a spy satellite,anyway i think u get the point.

I read the tutorials for new units and xcc i dont much info,
i need to know which values have to be changed,to properly insert and where to place them.

Thx
(17.10.2008, 23:56:32)Guest Wrote: Hi there

Im playin ra2 with a friend of mine and since he doesent like Yuris revenge
i want to make some changes to soviets since i think its a bit imbalanced for them Big Grin
What i want is for example to train spy with russians or build a spy satellite,anyway i think u get the point.

I read the tutorials for new units and xcc i dont much info,
i need to know which values have to be changed,to properly insert and where to place them.

Thx

open up the rules.ini and add a spy to the soviet side.
you have to add him to inf list (ex: sovs)
copy the spy rules from the allied and past it for soviet side
copy the art for the allied spy and make it soviet spy
you could use the same shp file for the spy or extract the spy shp rename it and place in a mix file
thx a lot
or you could make it ten times easier and do this -

[SPY]
Prerequisite=BARRACKS,TECH

Faster, easier, etc.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
But that wouldn't make a specific spy. Given that there is this vladimir/soviet officer SHP in the mixes, I always found it to be more satisfying to have a specific soviet spy.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
One thing I forgot to mention was that if you give the Soviets a spy I believe you need to also add his actions to the AIMD file so that if you play against the computer the computer will create spies and use them
(21.10.2008, 19:50:01)Renegade Wrote: But that wouldn't make a specific spy. Given that there is this vladimir/soviet officer SHP in the mixes, I always found it to be more satisfying to have a specific soviet spy.
Maybe so but it's less work to achieve the same end. Besides, the OP didn't ask for a specific one. He asked for a spy on the Soviet side.
Technically, that is no spy on the Soviet side. That's a generic spy. A spy on the Soviet side would be a specific Soviet spy Tongue
Besides, I clearly stated I prefer that. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, because, contrary to what you said, he did not ask for a spy on the Soviet side, but just "to train spy". Tongue
However, your statement is clearly false - this solution does not "achieve the same end". By just making the Allied spy generic, you have a piece of infantry with Allied graphics, Allied voices and Allied-style cameo on the Soviet side.

Yes, it does achieve what the original poster actually requested - the ability to train the spy. But that doesn't change the fact that it is the embodiment of a quick & dirty hack, and that the alternative, much prettier and cleaner solution, is only minimally more work-intensive.

A quick and dirty hack damaging the look & feel of the Soviet forces does not "achieve the same end" as expanding the Soviet forces with a dedicated spy.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
He asked to train a spy. That's what he got. Tongue Not a quick and dirty hack all the time. Just the quick way to do something easy without making it complicated and long-winded.

While I agree with you, I went with what the OP wanted. Tongue