Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
File loading order
Current MIX loading order is documented. I'm planning to modify it so expandmd* goes before langmd, and you can then put anything that is currently required to be loose in them. Or I can use a new, different filename/wildcard for that slot, if that is deemed too fragile. Thoughts?

Yes, I apparently can't wait till feedback comes before coding anything. All the more fun that way.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I'd like that.

Sick & tired of putting loadscreens loose in the RA2 directory............
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
(05.10.2008, 21:36:12)DCoder Wrote: Current MIX loading order is documented. I'm planning to modify it so expandmd* goes before langmd, and you can then put anything that is currently required to be loose in them. Or I can use a new, different filename/wildcard for that slot, if that is deemed too fragile. Thoughts?

Yes, I apparently can't wait till feedback comes before coding anything. All the more fun that way.

Keep them in the expand file keeps things tidy and not have 3 mixes instead of ecache and expand Smile Sounds good
i agree, to be able to put those things inside a mix would be useful, and why not expandmd?
And further to DCoder pointing out this load order, Launch Base will, in future, not create ecache at all - everything will go in expand.

I certainly don't see any point in a separate mix file such as "elang".
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
(06.10.2008, 10:18:57)Marshall Wrote: And further to DCoder pointing out this load order, Launch Base will, in future, not create ecache at all - everything will go in expand.

I certainly don't see any point in a separate mix file such as "elang".

I agree If its all in 1 Mix so much easier to compile and such Smile
A seperate elang file might be useful actually since it would make localisation easier for any mod that attempted such a thing.