Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amphibious transport
I created an amphibious transport that only travels on water, my only problem is that when I bring it to the shore the troops move towards it but will not board it. Is this because of the shoreline? Do I have to create a new shoreline piece? Which number do I place as the terrain type?
The reason it's not working is because the transport isn't on land, and the units are.

I'm not sure how to fix this, or if it's even possible, but I Highly doubt it.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
well at the moment i am in the middle of other projects, but i was thinking about the water/shoreline bridges that appear water but you can walk across. I have never used them before, I make city maps. I guess I will have to wait until someone can help me or I decide to make a different style map, thanks anyway.
Disclaimer: Last I tried this, I did not get it to work.

However, my approach was fixing the beach terrain parts to allow infantry to walk on them ([Beach] -> Foot=50%, this is realistic since humans can usually walk over beaches and go into shallow water, but looks funny when they go too far), and then setting the transport's MovementZone to FloatBeach (again, this is absolutely realistic - boats have approached beaches since the first float was built). Alternatively, you could could change the beach's Float/Amphibious= percentages, but using FloatBeach is more elegant, since it is a dedicated MovementZone exactly for that purpose.
As far as I remember, I did get both types to be on the same tiles (the beach tiles), but for some reason, the infantry guys didn't enter the transport. If you can find out/fix the reason for that, you should be good to go. (Tanya, however, could enter the transports, due to her swimming abilities.)

Look at
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
AFAIK the "shore" be it beach, grass or whatever, is counted under "water that all units can walk/drive on" and unless a unit is fully amphibious, you can't load units on a "shore" piece.

I'm assuming it's somthing complicated like "well X unit is restricted to water, Y unit is restricted to sea, these units should never meet on the same tile" and may be connected to the absolute nightmare it is to get boats to attack vehicles on land.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
You can't unload units on a bridge either (not sure about loading) - I suspect this may be related.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
This is my landing craft. I tried using the bridge shore piece but the troops stop and don't load. what piece can i use or modify to create new shore piece that will allow troops to board for a D-Day invasion.

; Allied, Landing Craft
[ALLLC]
Image=ALLLC
UIName=Name:ALLLC
Name=Landing Craft
Prerequisite=ALLNAVY
Category=Transport
Primary=none
Armor=light
Strength=200
TechLevel=6
Cost=600
Points=10
Sight=4
Speed=3
ROT=4
Soylent=900
SizeLimit=3
Passengers=10
DeployTime=.022
PipScale=Passengers
EnterTransportSound=EnterTransport
LeaveTransportSound=ExitTransport
Owner=Americans,British,French
RequiredHouses=Americans,British,French
Crewed=no
Naval=yes
CanBeach=yes
CrateGoodie=no
OpportunityFire=yes
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=GShipSelect
VoiceMove=GShipMove
VoiceAttack=GShipAttack
VoiceFeedback=
SinkingSound=GenLargeWaterDie
DieSound=
MoveSound=ACCMoveStart
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS5SM,DBRIS6LG,DBRS10SM
MaxDebris=5
MinDebris=4
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=WaterBeach
SpeedType=FloatBeach
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
DamageSmokeOffset=100, 100, 275
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
BuildTimeMultiplier=2.0 ;Individual control of build time
ThreatPosed=90 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ok, maybe I didn't get my point across. Hope this will make more sense. You know the sand bridge that you can walk across. I am looking for a type of terrain that will allow a transport to pull up and allow my troops to board. If it is the sand bridge then i can modify it to look different, but I already tried that piece on a map, the troops can stand on it but they won't board the Landing craft. I posted my vehicle to show its ability for speed type and can beach ability. I read on the MODENC that was 2 things to this kind of vehicle. I want it like the landing crafts at Normandy, not coming ashore but at the edges. I also read the terrain numbers types. Blade had sent these to me:

Ice 1
<unknown> 2
<unknown> 3
<unknown> 4
Tunnel 5
Railroad 6
Wall (assumed) 7
<unknown> 8
Water 9
Beach (Shore) 10
Road (Paved) 11
Road (Dirt Road) 12
Clear (Grass) 13
Rough (Sandy) 14
Rock (Impassable) 15
Tiberium <unknown>
Weeds <unknown>

I understand the numbers go in the terrain piece, but what are these for?

Foot - Infantry (Walk Locomoter)
Track - Unused (Tracked=yes?)
Wheel - Vehicles (Drive Locomoter)
Hover - Hover Craft (Hover Locomoter)
Float - Boats <RA2> (Float locomoter)
FloatBeach - Unused <RA2>
Amphibious - Amphibious Units (not hover)
Creep - Reaper <TS:FS/last patch>
SpeedType=

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ok, D....if I might be so bold and call you that. How do I make a landing craft work. what do I change or add? I have canbeach set on my landing craft but it refuses to allow passengers. Any help??

Special case which can be set to 'yes' or 'no' and is used on VehicleTypes which have Naval=yes set and MovementRestrictedTo=Water. If set to 'yes' the unit is also allowed to move one tile off a water tile (i.e. onto a beach). Although new to the game engine, this is unused in Red Alert 2 in favor of using amphibious units.