Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch Crash Before Intro
Loknar;date=Oct 25 2005, 07:21 PM;post=1855 Wrote:It's actually legal to do that in the UK you know - Parliament allows you to make a backup of software in case something happens to the original CD Wink .
And regardless of that, these patches seem to be the best hope for me playing YR again, so I would kinda like to it working again Tongue lol...

Guess again, you can only make a backup if you don't circumvent any copy protection mechanisms according to the european copyright directive (europe equivalent of the travesty that is the DMCA in the US IIRC).
To clear out some misunderstandings...

Saberhawk's "XP patch for YR" changes yuri.exe / ra2md.exe .
PD's patch changes gamemd.exe.

Thus, they do not invalidate each other.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ahh I missed that. I was thinking of gamemd and ra2md as the same thing.
Blade;date=Oct 25 2005, 08:44 PM;post=1860 Wrote:Guess again, you can only make a backup if you don't circumvent any copy protection mechanisms according to the european copyright directive (europe equivalent of the travesty that is the DMCA in the US IIRC).

Well, most games I own don't have any anti-copy mechanisms, so that ought to be ok Smile . And the ones that do - um is ignorance still a suitable excuse Tongue ?

Awrethien - woops lol. Damnit, I need my RA2 PC to try to get this damned thing to work :angry: ...
[Image: 29.png]