Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An addict in action: browsing RenProj with iPhone
I recently got an iPhone 3G (no comments on that please) with internet flatrate Tongue 2. Browsing pages on the iPhone is quiet cool with the touchpad, but can also get on your nerves when browsing website with a lot of text and a "horizontal design". On RenProj it is sometimes difficult to navigate especially because of small unreadable text. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who is browsing here with an iPhone, but I'm interested in creating an iPhone/mobile phone friendly skin, so I can continue contributing when I'm sitting in the beach or on this sandbank where I have to count birds for my Zivildienst Wink.

Some screens from my iPhone while browsing the forums (it's jailbreaked and has a Firefox skin for Safari), also the screens are little bit bigger than the real display is:

Logging in:

[Image: img_00036rt.png]

Take a look at the right column:

[Image: img_00055kq.png]

Zoomed in:

[Image: img_0009hz5.png]

[Image: img_0006fz3.png]

The iPhone automatically detects if you're browsing horizontal or vertical:

[Image: img_001072c.png]

[Image: img_0011elr.png]
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Quote:Take a look at the right column:
That's rather odd, timestamps are not links in the normal version. I'll take a look at the code.

Otherwise, have fun birdspotting Wink

Creating a skin would require you to modify the html/css yourself, if you're interested I can export the current theme so you can install it on some other mybb installation and mess with it till you're satisfied.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Would a public available skin be tolerated by the wise admins?
DCoder Wrote:timestamps are not links in the normal version
Haven't noticed that, this is not a mistake in the code, the iPhone tries to recognize telephone numbers which doesn't work very well: [Image: img_0013u31.png]
Could you sent the exported profile to my E-Mail adress? Does it work with a standard MyBB version? Or do I have to apply any mods?
Hmm...either Crystal Clear sticks very close to Apple...or the other way round.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
These are not the standard Safari icons, normally it looks like this:
[Image: img_0015s9q.png]
But with a jailbreaked iPhone and 'Cydia' (apt frontend) you can change nearly everything.
I see...good choice, then Smile
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.