Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question on the Image= tag
Hi,

I was trying to make my MiG look like a Harrier. Curiously I forgot that the Image= for the [ORCA] is not "ORCA" it is "FALC". And when I set the tag Image=ORCA on my MiG, my MiG appeared in-game as an ORCA Fighter, from Tiberian Sun. I then checked the ORCAB (Bomber) Image, and that works too! How is this possible? Does that mean all (or most) TS Models are avaliable to use in RA2? Would this still work if I uninstalled my TS? If anyone can explain this to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Simple: The voxels are still in the game.
I suggest getting the XCC tools and actually exploring the game before you mod it. You'll be surprised what kind of unused graphics you'll find.

Administrative Notice:

Moved to RA2/YR Editing.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I have used XCC Editor to try and locate these VXLs, but I have so far found nothing... I have only found RA2 models and some leftover TS Terrain, I think, but I haven't seen a Titan or Orca Bomber VXL/SHP anywhere. Must be my newbiness. If you can tell me which .mix file contains them, or otherwise where to find these VXL/SHPs, that would be greatly appreciated.

=]
Oh, and by the way, I'm not into making mods, just single player missions. So I don't need heaps of graphics, but yeah... the old TS Mammoth Tank, Mk II, Titan and Wolverine models would be handy...

What about cameos?
Look inside ra2.mix, and local.mix within that. You'll find a whole pile of stuff in there. And the units you were looking for:
Mammoth Tank = 4TNK
Mammoth MkII = HMEC
Titan = MMCH
Wolverine = SMECH
Unfortunately, the cameos either aren't there, or are in the wrong palette. If you're just doing your editing in a map and not through the INIs, you can't change the cameo anyway.

Edit: Hehe, 333rd post. Next target, 666 Tongue
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Ok, thanks for your help.