Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple Alert & Enemy Unknown
Salutations everyone.

I wanted to let the community know that Purple Alert 8 is very nearly finished and I hope to release it before too long. I do have a few plans for PA9 that will almost certainly all come from RP2/Ares

I am thrilled by the developments that pd and DCoder have been making recently with Syringe/RP2/Ares and you'll probably have noticed a few of my feature requests.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that, without making any promises with regards to ETA, and assuming that RP2 grants me some of the features I desperately want, I am reviving my Enemy Unknown project.

For those of you not familiar with it, it is going to be a semi-total conversion of YR based on UFO Enemy Unknown (X-Com UFO Defense)

Once the core is done I will be seeking help for a possible campaign.
Right now, I am seeking artists for the Alien buildings. The units I am taking care of...

[Image: temp.png]
[Image: temp01.jpg]
[Image: temp02.bmp]
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Looks interesting. What is that tool in the first pic, some X-Com modding tool?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
A little program I knocked up myself. The units in UFO are split up into individual pieces (head, legs, left arm, right arm, left arm carrying heavy weapon, right arm carrying heavy weapon, etc) - this is back in the day where every byte of disk space was important. My program will assemble the pieces into complete frames. It's not finished yet - every unit seems to be different and the process is quite complicated - I'm also having to work it out by trial and error.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Then I guess you know how we assembly hackers feel when reconstructing things Big Grin 2

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3