Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Tertiary education...
I will be starting my tertiary education soon (this month, hopefully). I am doing a 10 month software development course, where I will be learning such things as coding in Java, C++, Visual Basic .NET, etc. I was just wondering - what is the hardest thing about programming/learning how to program?
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
Fitting all that into 10 months. Good luck.

Seriously?
If you're learning just how to be a code monkey, there's nothing hard if you have a good head on your shoulders and don't slack off. Of course, if your course doesn't touch upon the abstracts like algorithms, complexity, data structures, you'll be wasting your time and end up on tdwtf someday.
If you're learning the theoretical parts of programming as well, lambda calculus will make you cry big manly tears twice - when you first encounter it, because it seemingly doesn't make sense, and when/if it finally clicks together in your head, because it suddenly is beautiful.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
C++, psh. Real men use C#. Tongue 2
XD
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Beowulf Wrote:C++, psh. Real men use C#. Tongue 2
XD

real men in desperate need of a sex change*
zzattack Wrote:real men in desperate need of a sex change*
You might be sexually insecure, but I am not.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Beowulf Wrote:
zzattack Wrote:real men in desperate need of a sex change*
You might be sexually insecure, but I am not.

no, i think he's right TongueWinkLOL