Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refinery
I want to change the way sides get money. I copied all the Oil Derrick stuff & made 1 for each side. They show up & they work. This is what I did. I put in the rules

BuildRefinery=ALLREF,NAREFN,GEREFN,ALLOIL,SOVOIL,GEROIL

PrerequisiteProc=NAREFN,GERREFN,ALLREF,ALLOIL,SOVOIL,GEROIL
PrerequisiteProcAlternate=NAREFN,GERREFN,ALLREF,ALLOIL,SOVOIL,GEROIL

The game crashes. I want to eventually take out the refinery & just have oil derricks as the way to get money
Poland's Revenge......... a CAJE production...........release date 1/1/2011
You really need to read around a bit more.

Crash = ? Windows Error? Crash To Desktop? Internal Error?
If the latter then have you looked up your EIP? Could try posting the except.txt and see if anyone can see the problem.

Look up PrerequisiteProcAlternate on modenc. It only takes one vehicle type.

Your building names are not standard. You should be using GA* NA* YA* or CA*

You will probably find that the AI needs to be able to build an actual Refinery building, otherwise the engine will get very unhappy. Your best bet would be to keep the refinery but change it's image data and disable the ore harvesters.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Sorry when I said crashed I meant that I received an internal error message. I knew what caused it because it was the last thing I put in . I had tested something else out previously and that worked so I through the oil in. .Well, according to my uncle, in the Blitzkrieg mod you had to build the oil derrick first. That's where I got the idea to try & eliminate the refinery. If you look in the rules you can see under

[AI]
BuildConst= (conyard)
BuildPower= (power)
BuildRefinery= (refinery)

PrerequisiteProc= (here you put oil)
PrerequisiteProcAlternate= (here you put oil)
Drizzt DoUrden Wrote:PrerequisiteProcAlternate= (here you put oil)

This is for VEHICLES.

also I don't care if your only fourteen, when I joined I was twelve, I didn't expect any special treatment.
I put that I'm 14 so people realize that I am a kid and realize that I do not have the full grasp of the editing process.. So I take it now you are 13??

From the Blitzkrieg rules:

PrerequisiteProcAlternate=AOIL,GOIL,ROIL ;gs still counts under a PROC listing

this is not a vehicle, but the oil derricks
How many times do you need to be told that PrerequisiteProcAlternate= only takes one VehicleType ?
Just because Blitzkrieg set otherwise is irrelevant. Familiarise yourself with modenc.

I have also already suggested that the AI needs to be able to build a Refinery. If you let the AI build refineries again does the problem go away? If so then follow my suggestion above and make the oil derricks double as refineries and disable the ore harvesters.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Marshall and Black Shadow are both correct. The AI's building logic is quirky at best, and falls apart as sson as you blink in its direction, and recent investigations of the executable have shattered a lot of "facts" from the past.

I can only reiterate the advice you have already been given: since you received an Internal Error message, posting the except.txt file from the game folder might tell us more. This course of action is of course also mentioned in a sticky topic called "Solving your Internal Errors", as well as on modenc's page about Internal Errors...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I understand that it is a vehicle, but i was stating to that guy thats what i found. i figured he could tell me why it was there. i took the oil derrick out & the game runs fine. i do not need help with that (my error message) since i know what caused the error. as far as the modenc concerned i saw the vehice issue & was looking for some insight to it. i am taking your advice Marshall, thats why I gave thanks, but I was hoping for something on the reason. Something to help me become a better mod maker and so I will ask less question. DCoder says the AI logic is quirky so I will leave it at that and work on Marshall's suggestion
Oh, and I did read the internal error message page. after each thing I do I save it and try it. If it works then I know I am good to try something new. SO when I do have an error I know what exactly caused it & look at what I did to fix my problem without putting a except txt error message post. i haven't been able to get the program that checks it to work, but i do have the program that checks the ini working and have been using that. thanks again

PS is there a way to get to print off the modenc other than copy, paste & print it. not the whole thing, but only parts that i want?
If you only want a part of the text then select it, then in the Print dialog select "Print Selection" (no quotes) and then print, otherwise ModEnc's print stylesheet should do the trick.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
i made somewhat of a kamikaze thing. Before working on the current mod with my uncle I had planes that attacked, but when they were hit & destroyed they would crash & cause a nuclear explosion. i am thinking that what you did & I did were not the same, but in either case i had a cool thing, kind of
Drizzt, please do not be concerned with the AImd file or buildings, unless I say otherwise. I am working on those and I am about 80% of the way there with current projects on the AI & rules. Please work on the project I gave you, and READ what Marshall & DCoder have posted about making mods and the tutorials.

Personal note: stay off the computer when you should be in bed and please stay out of my files on my laptop. And please log off my computer when you are done.
Well, if anyone is interested you can change the refineries to oil derricks and not have any miners and not have any ore on the map.