Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace ore with supply depot?
I am not a big fan of having ore on the map. I rather have buildings or trees on it and have a bigger map to play on instead of cluttering it up with ore. But here is a thought I had....what if you have a refinery, but instead of having ore on the map, you have a building where you a truck pulls up to a building to a dock (like the refinery has) and instead of dropping off it is picking up. Kinda like a brinks truck going to a bank and getting money. The players would still have to "fight" over the cash.

Administrative Notice:

Moved to ordinary modding - if it turns out not to be possible (which is my guess), you can file a feature request at the tracker.

Oh, and if you post more feature requests at the forums, they'll be closed without being read. The tracker is there for a reason.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Sorry not trying to piss you off. I did not know there was a specific place to put them. So since it was moved does that mean it is possible or not?
It's my guess that it isn't, but I left this open so that other opinions could be heard.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Since you would have to create most such maps anyway, you could just script it.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(20.11.2010, 22:46:41)Renegade Wrote: Since you would have to create most such maps anyway, you could just script it.

script what? I don't under stand what you are saying. This is my thought, you need to be able have a building that the "harvester" backs into (just like when it drops off ore) loads up and drives away to your base. The building is the least of the matter, you need the logic for the game to say this is where money, ore, whatever can be found. Bring your vehicle here, back in and we will fill you up and move out.

And since I have your ear on this matter, I went to post up a feature request and the submit button moved around, is that something that makes you follow it around till you can click on it or am I not able to post up in there?
I was talking about you doing it using map scripting.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I havent tried Ares's foundation feature yet,so what I am going to say may be totally bullshit.

The way may be using Ares's foundation feature to create a building with a 'hole' inside or U-shaped. And a working animation triggering some debris spawning ore in the center.Then you get a building with a certain area of infinite amount of ore inside.Edit the general ore value to do whatever you want.

Of course,the time of ore generation can be controlled by animation's loop count so a ore mine can be exhausted.

It is like that

███
█ █←the gate......perhaps
███
in the center is the ore generator thing,or better to say,the firing animation.Make sure your building fires from the center.This is building's art coding.
[TheSupplyCenter]
Primary=OreWeapon

[OreWeapon]
Anim=GetOre
ROF=9999999 ;so it can be better controlled,fireonce in a game
Range=255 ;anything can trigger this weapon
;other tags for a weapon

in Art
[GetOre]
LoopCount=(whatever.-1 means infinite amount,or any time you want the effect)
Trailer=OreG
TrailerSeperation=1
;I cannot remember what's different between TrailerAnim&SpawnDelay vs Trailer&TrailerSeperation,add both if necessary.

[OreG]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MinZVel=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0 ;right in the place
Damage=1
DamageRadius=1
Warhead=SA
IsTiberium=true
LoopStart=1
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=100
RandomRate=50
Bouncer=yes
TiberiumRadius=512
Tiberium=yes
TiberiumSpawnType=TIB02

What!the thread on the first page was posted one year ago?
They have this game already. Its called Generals, and I think that this feature was far and away one of the most significant reasons why that game sucked ass. Thats just my opinion. It would be interesting to have as an optional feature though, kinda like playing king of the hill, but the ore system seems to be pretty integral to the game.
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!
Nah, wrong.

Unit Properties window. ONLY that thing killed the C&C from it. As a strategy game, Generals is fine.

BTW, the RA2 mod Blitzkrieg hasn't got ore, it uses only Oil Wells. Interesting to try it out.
Yeah, that blew too. And the new mouse pointer interface. I kinda thought the game was slower in general (ha, get it?), insofar as gameplay, storyline and just general imagination. Yeah, its a present/near future game, and yes, I played the crap out of it anyways, but it just didn't stack up against RA2. I suppose thats my fault for elevated and biased expectations though... A lack of originality is a kinda buzzkill for me though.
Giggle Good one!
(06.04.2011, 17:58:28)Graion Dilach Wrote: Nah, wrong.

Unit Properties window. ONLY that thing killed the C&C from it. As a strategy game, Generals is fine.

BTW, the RA2 mod Blitzkrieg hasn't got ore, it uses only Oil Wells. Interesting to try it out.

I have the oil wells in my game. It works out fine, though after watching the bonus DVD with the first decade and a point someone else made, I was thinking of trying to do something like the supply stock like generals. I have a solution and after I finish fixing my templates I will revist my idea and get it working.

Change the ore graphics to look like supply crates, make an "ore mine" structure (there are tutorials about that can tell you how to if you need assistance) that generates ore around itself, and that's basically a 'supply dock' up and running.

... of course, any maps with ore already on them will look a bit silly, but meh.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Is it possible to program the crates to appear at a certain point, or is that hardwired to be random?
Giggle Good one!
You can trigger a unit to appear which then immediately kills itself (an anim which applies barrels of damage to the unit), leaving behind a crate. By doing this, crates appear to spawn as normal.