The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Poll: Which option should I use?
Write a custom extension
Let others do the work
Generate sub-pages
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions needed: Representing type data on ModEnc
I'm nearing completion of my great datasheet mapping out what properties are loaded from INI for what object types, with what argument types and default values. However, if I post each object type's information on its main page (e.g. on VehicleTypes page for all flags related to VehicleTypes) means, on each flag's individual page, entering some of the Flag template's values by hand creates duplication. I see three possible choices:
  • I can write a ModEnc extension to magically fill in those bits on each individual page, but that is likely to take a while and need updating whenever mediawiki engine updates.
  • An alternative would be leaving flag individual pages as they are and letting others correct them over time.
  • Yet another alternative would be a boatload of scriptwork for me - generating an individual includable sub-page for each flag and then letting both Flag template and the grand table of the datatype use that sub-page's information. Which is nice since information on both of them is automatically synchronized.

Thoughts?

Edit: I should point out that some of the tables like for [BuildingTypes] or [General] are going to be long and I don't yet know if including and processing ~1000 template calls is going to make an impact on performance.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3

Messages In This Thread
Opinions needed: Representing type data on ModEnc - by DCoder - 03.03.2008, 09:03:52