The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch
myBB 
I saw Bobingabouts wishlist for The ZPatch/Swizzle Patch and I thought about my 'wishes' for this patch. My ideas where more general than Bobingabout and deal with general problems than small ini features like [NewGlobalPrerequisites] or something similar.

This thread is meant as resource for VK if he searches ideas it is not a request to him
  • The most important thing - I think- is a new multiplayer protocol that works with TCP/IP instead of IPX. On all LAN parties we made I guess 70% of all tries to play RA2 or YR failed because of that IPX protocol.
  • YR should have the ability to use custom menu skins or to edit the menu completely, maybe like winamp skins or steam resource files. This would be very useful for modders and would solve the problems which occurred with third campaign button or the deactivated single player campaign button.
  • YR also needs an new server browser. The Internet menus are chaotic, some buttons are useless and you aren't able to see what mods are played
  • Maybe a commandline option to start mods would be useful. Example:
    Code:
    RA2md.exe -game mentalomega
    Again steam as reference.
  • I think it could be usefull to add a plugin system like AdminMod/AMXMod/AMXModX to YR. With these plugins multiplayer games will be much more amazing like it is in Counter-Strike
So that's enough. I guess this changes would make YR a more popular game again, only a 3D engine is missing for a perfect multiplayer game.

What do you think is missing to make this game 'perfect' (better: as perfect as possible)?

//Edit: Spelling mistake
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch - by gordon-creAtive - 08.07.2007, 16:14:42
RE: Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch - by VK - 08.07.2007, 23:12:08