The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Poll: How should RockPatch flag information be stored?
This poll is closed.
As it is now, in the Reference
0%
0 0%
Each flag on their own page, like all other flags and sections
80.00%
4 80.00%
Neither, I have a better idea...
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions needed: Treatment of RockPatch flags on ModEnc
As mentioned in the news, I'll be trying to re-order some RockPatch pages. Part of this effort is a decision regarding the following issue:

Should RockPatch-introduced flags (and later ETS ones) be treated like normal flags, with their own pages?

Pros:
  • All RockPatch flag information is currently stored on one page, which makes it hard to find specific things.
  • The new flag template has an extra icon for "RockPatch required", I'll add a "RockPatch version" template, showing "Introduced in Version:" and "Obsoleted in Version:", and they'll of course all be in a RockPatch Flags category - so it'll be obvious which flags belong to RockPatch and which don't.
  • Flag descriptions can be a lot more elaborate and detailed, including even screenshots and other gimmicks.
  • Flag pages could include other categories, meaning Category:Warhead Flags would show RockPatch flags as well - no cross-referencing between normal YR and RP necessary.
  • ModEnc → AutoFire is way more intuitive than ModEnc → RockPatch Docs:Reference → [SuperWeaponTypes] → AutoFire.
  • On the same note, RockPatch-related search queries' results would have a much higher value if they didn't all end in RockPatch:Status and RockPatch Docs:Reference.
Cons:
  • The central reference would be nothing more than a link list (in fact, I'd turn it into a redirect to Category:RockPatch Flags).
  • RockPatch pages would be in RockPatch:, RockPatch tutorials would be in RockPatch Docs:, but RockPatch flags would be in the main namespace (although it could all be easily accessed from RockPatch:Main).
  • Work. The reference would have to be resolved to pages.
Your opinions?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
Opinions needed: Treatment of RockPatch flags on ModEnc - by Renegade - 04.02.2007, 03:16:55