The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd SpyPlane behaviour
After some months of testing Ares, I found just two bugs:

The first one, I've described in a seperate thread. The second one is propably not even a bug, but simply a weird twist of coding, perhaps vestigal from some other game mechanic.

Occasionally, if an aircraft is spawned by a SpyPlane SW it gains the ability to actively pick targets on its own and it will seek out the nearest object with a non-zero Storage value (only tested positive values) and attack this object.

Now, a SpyPlane spawned object picking its own target might sound like an absurd situation, but it is possible to achieve in two ways I have found so far:

1) If such an aircraft is not immune to mind control and is MC'd by another player, that aircraft will follow this behaviour of seeking out the closest object with Storage>0 and attack it.

2) If an aircraft with a weapon with negative damage (a repair weapon) is spawned by an SW, it will ignore the target it is given by the SW, and instead seek out the closest object with a non-zero Storage value owned by its player and use its repair weapon on that target.

There might be other situations in which this unlikely situation is reproducable, but obviously case 2 is the more severe one, as it disables the possibility of having "repair support"-type SpyPlane SWs.

Messages In This Thread
Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by WTBClan - 30.10.2012, 16:27:51
RE: Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by Mevitar - 30.10.2012, 17:03:49
RE: Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by WTBClan - 30.10.2012, 23:41:34