The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating .vxl files
I'm attempting to learn how to create voxels for use in future modding attempts with "Voxel Section Editor III 1.37". Trial and error is proving to be an immense pain in the ass. Bang head against wall
Before going any further, after reading the C.R.A.P. thread and the B.v.P. thread, I feel I should say this-
DISCLAIMER:
1) I am a newbie, not a noob. Thanks GD for straightening me out on that one. As such, I have no intent to behave immorally a unethically.
2) I have no intent to release anything anytime soon. I'm still in my very early education insofar as creating a mod.
That being said, as stated, my first attempts to figure out how to create my own voxel file was a sore disappointment.
My strategy right now is to try to use the XCC Mixer to extract a voxel file so that I can take a look at how a finished file would look like from the inside. This rang a few of my internal moral/ethical alarms, but like I said, I'm just kinda trying to learn the ropes here, I'm not trying to vultch anyone.
Either way, using XCC hasn't worked, and it seems trial and error will produce competency in creating good voxels about the same time that the sun runs out of hydrogen.
If anyone has any suggestions, tips, etc., I would be more than happy to listen and learn and see if I can get this figured out. In return I offer masters level+ essay writing skills, etc.
Chizz.
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
Creating .vxl files - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 09:03:47
RE: Creating .vxl files - by DCoder - 03.04.2011, 09:08:10
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 09:12:53
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Graion Dilach - 03.04.2011, 10:36:52
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 12:13:31
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Graion Dilach - 03.04.2011, 20:48:36
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Orac - 03.04.2011, 21:46:47
RE: Creating .vxl files - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 23:55:37