Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality is a bitch
So, well...someone smart recently said:
Quote:A failure establishes only this: That our determination to succeed was not strong enough.
Whatever you blame it on, I've stopped re-skinning ModEnc and returned to good old monobook. Fact is, the skin was half-done for months and I couldn't be arsed to finish it, and fact is, not many people liked it anyway. So, I had three choices:
  1. Finish the re-design and force it upon people, even though it's universally hated.
  2. Do nothing, leading to other people thinking it sucks because of the concept as a whole and me thinking it sucks because it's unfinished.
  3. Revert to monobook, transfer the newer styles, and finally unify and update the old styling, leading to the page looking good, everybody liking it and so on, at the price of looking like any other MediaWiki wiki.
Looking at it, you'll see that it was not much of a choice. It's sad I didn't manage to give us our own identity, but there's no use for a Modding Encyclopedia no one uses. At least the instant familiarity with the page design will help people contribute.

So, reverse last announcement on this topic: Skin ModEnc is hereby discontinued and will not be updated anymore. Whoever is currently set to ModEnc is advised to go to his preferences → skins and switch to "Monobook" - the one having "(default)" behind it.
Template styles should mostly fit, only flag's graphics and the logo look a little weird. But hey, what do I have weekend for?

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but I think this is the best course of action.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Looks don't really matter anyway, as long as it is legible.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.