Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Weapons in 1.09
BaRaKa_ Wrote:@Vinifera7:
[SPYP]
Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=255
=> spy plane will reveal ALL cloaked units on the map ( unless they are under shroud ).
Of course, a smaller SensorsSight= will reveal only cloaked units in the area...
That's a brilliant idea, but there are a few problems with it. First, I don't want it to reveal ALL cloaked units on the map, I only want it to reveal in a small area (about a 9 or 10 cell radius around where the sup is activated). If I wanted it to reveal ALL cloaked units on the map, I could control how long the cloak detection remained in effect by adjusting the Speed= of the plane. Though even then the amount of time wouldn't be consistent, it would reveal for a longer period of time on larger maps. So since I only want it to reveal cloaked units around the area that the sup is activated, and NOT the entire map, this won't work. I would want it to be instantaneous (or nearly), so I would have to make the Speed= of the plane very high. However, this means that the effect wouldn't last long either, since the plane would just zoom off the map instantly as well. Is there any way to make the plane linger for a time before it moves away?
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
Well then, an invisible, high-speed aircraft, wich paradrops an invisible, equiped with sensors, infantry unit with suicide=yes ?? LOL But also disadvantage - you will see a parachute falling... I think I saw in Wishlist something about "custom parachutes & falling speed for every paradrop"...
I have been playing around with a few ideas including messing with the Chrono logic lol.

Your paradrop idea is not bad, but I would have to have custom falling speed for it to work properly. Also it makes a few other problems, like the cell that the infantry is falling on being occupied until it kills itself.
HOLAS: ™

gentic mutator..... and the iron curtain....

a question or maybe a wish..... it's possible re-enable the side specific themes?
they are already possible, even with unmodded YR
i think the "side spacific themes" he is talking about is from TS. the repair depot, when you played as GDI, it had a different cameo as to when you played as Nod, even though it was the same building in code.
That's true. It might be a useful feature to have side-specific cameos, or better yet, side-specific ART entries!

For example: AlliedImage=, SovietImage=, ThirdImage=, (FourthImage=). Obviously these would act as overrides to Image=.
If you have different buildings, different cameos & different art entryes, why not also different rules entry ?
[GADEPT] is the normal GADEPT with RequiredHouses={Allied countres}, while [GADEPT2] has same Prerequisites, cost, etc, but RequiredHouses={Soviet countres}; Allied sides build GADEPT; when soviets capture GACNST & GAWEAP, they get GADEPT2. Or ( in art ) GADEPT2 has Image=GADEPT, so it looks just like the old one, and the only change is Cameo=Soviet_Gadept_Cameo...
Instead of asking for things that can be done by little ini tricks, we should think about things that really need EXE hacking and can open more new possibilites - SuperWeapon3, adding more categories for TargetType in Ai(md).ini script 0 ( "Attack units, infantry, miners, basedefences, power... why not 0,12="attack any building with Radar=yes" or 0,13="attack any building with a Superweapon" ?) or, again in Ai(md), allowing to specify WHAT vehicle/infantry to attack, so the Ai will make expensive teams with high chances to succed and use them to hunt only units that really worth the risk - it is a good idea to send 8 Harriers to destroy an MCV even if this will kill the aircrafts, but losing them just to destroy an Grizzly is not a great deal.
Because it stops the prerequisites from working properly. You can overcome a lot with PrerequisiteOverride but not everything. Especially given that there are three sides - even in the original there's the issue with Attack Dogs' prerequisites.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Indeed...but this can be fixed with the ipotetic future option of more PrerequisiteX= stuff... that would be an high-priority request ( or important wish Big Grin ), don't you agree ?
i know i agree.
I agree as well. I never even said that I WANTED the image override feature. It was merely a suggestion.
1. However, here discussion new SWs in RP 1.09
Quote: For example: AlliedImage=, SovietImage=, ThirdImage=, (FourthImage=). Obviously these would act as overrides to Image=.

In SIDEC*.MIX better?
Quote:Indeed...but this can be fixed with the ipotetic future option of more PrerequisiteX= stuff.
Not more than 6:
Prerequisite1
Prerequisite6
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

is that prerequisitemisc= as in globals uptop like POWER? or is that AlternatePrerequisites= as in Prerequisite= listed on the unit more than once, where if any 1 of those tags conditions is met, it works?

i think i can do it with 5 globals, if you also include the alternate prerequisites
Vinifera7; another way to reveal cloaked units is to hit them, so if you had a spare armor type you could designate a warhead that would just hit them with minimal damage. Probably not that useful, but just a suggestion.
And my request for a superweapon would be some kind of reinforement superweapon not dependant on paradropping. Ideally, the reinforecements leaving the SW building, but obviously I have no idea how hard that would be to create.
Finally, I'd also like to post my favour towards the idea of enabling range for the fire superweapon, so long as it wouldn't interfere with the superweapon targetting logic.