Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AmbientDamage
I've been trying to get a weapon to punch through enemies in front of the targeted unit using AmbientDamage. So far, I could only get it work work if I have IsSonic=yes. The entry for it on Modenc sounded like it should work on any kind of weapon though (minus the special ones of course)...

Is there a way to get AmbientDamage to work without having to use IsSonic=yes?
With Ares, that should be possible on all Wave weapons, and iirc railguns can apply it too.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Hmm, would weapons with regular projectiles like cannon balls work?

EDIT: What am I saying? What meant to say was, is it suppose to work with regular projectiles?
I was pretty sure AmbientDamage works on all weapons? Lift eyebrow
ModEnc doesn't mention any limitations, either.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ok, I just tried this in vanilla YR and it didn't work either...

Going through the original rules file. it looks like it only works for all weapons from TS.
That is: FireballLauncher, SonicZap, and LtRail

What a misleading entry...
I'm going to add more info about this now.
After looking at the code, I can say I was right - AmbientDamage only works on Wave weapons and IsRailgun=yes . As far as I can see, FireballLauncher's particles deliver the damage, not its AmbientDamage, but since its Damage = 0, leaving AmbientDamage = 0 would make this weapon impotent as far as targeting is concerned.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ok, that answers my question. I've added the bit onto its entry on ModEnc.

Thanks you guys for your help!
@D: Is it possible this is a patch- or YR-change to stock RA2? 'cause I'm rather sure I've had AmbientDamage working on stuff like lasers before...Wtf (checking)
Weird.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.