Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi-Annual Sluggard Purge
Since the new testers are just as worthless as the old ones¹, it's time to do the fun tester replacement game again.

Out with the old, in with the new.

For further details on how to apply and what will be asked of you, read the previous thread.

Bear in mind that, without testers, we cannot release public versions of Ares, since we could not guarantee the versions are working.

¹ with a few shining exceptions
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Sign me up. I have the freetime to test alot. After this week I am of work for two weeks so I can test alot of stuff.
Only if there was SW clones in Ares, my mod could use Ares(that way I will find alot of bugs, if there is any)
Java student.
Suuuubtle Big Grin 2

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Meh, I wouldn't be able to access testing area if I'm not a tester. Won't stop me testing though, if I encounter a bug I'll post it as per normal. TBH aside from informing me how to get private releases of Ares, I've never really found use for it. Whatever. So yeah, signing up again, but if I don't get in I'll still report bugs (as expected), you follow? O.o
I was considering to apply last time already, so I think I'll take the chance this time.

- I've modded C&C games since 1998, public releases are "MultiMod 2.0" for C&C Renegade and "Return of the Dawn" for TS.
- well, I do have a life (sort of...), so there may be days where I don't have time to test, but judging by how much time I spend pointlessly idling around on the net, I think it's save to say that I usually have enough free time for testing Wink
- While I'm not a native speaker, I do believe my English skills are sufficient.
- I already tested and provided feedback for a few features voluntarily.
- I have a mod in the works that needs certain Ares features, some of them not even assigned or scheduled yet, so it is in my own interest to help speeding up the testing/debugging process as much as I can. Thus, motivation shouldn't be a problem.
Has this purge already been made?
To answer the question, even though I already answered it in chat last night: Partially. Some people are already out, some are still being considered.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I really should apologize, I really didn't have much time and what features I did test didn't work out very well due to poor coding on my part.

So yeah, please do get rid of me, I just hope the new new testers won't be just as worthless.
[Image: darkstormsmall.png]
I was drunk this weekend! I apologise for my lateness and lack of testing. You are now the other reason for me to get back into the swing of YR modding. Thanks for a much needed kick up the arse!
Sign me up. I have experience with modding RA2 and YR. I think other games arent in the picture right now so I will leave them out. Anyway, now that I do have time and finally got rid of NP (bleh) I can test Ares