Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch and Ares
I know, I know, two topics in one day. But anyway, this has needed asking.
On the Flag template, should the RockPatch section be replaced entirely with one for Ares? Or have both on the gallery at the top?
Following the first course of action would require every flag with "rp=yes" to be changed to "ares=yes" or whatever. But the second might make the whole thing a bit too wide.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
It is not helpful to post the question and then go ahead with the edit. I reverted your edits for now.

The answer is: Neither. The gallery image should be switched over to indicate Ares, because RP is obsolete, but you can't just replace RP with Ares, especially not the category. What you did was categorize and mark every RockPatch flag in existence as an Ares flag, which is just plain wrong.

What we need is to add Ares compatibility without touching the RockPatch stuff, so Ares and RockPatch pages can happily coexist, at least for the duration of their existence.

So: Add Ares to the flag template, replace the gallery indicator, keep the RockPatch conditional code.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Actually, the part I edited was not in use anywhere. It was a section of the template for "RockPatch 2 flags". Since we don't have any of those anyway, I just altered the existing section.

Edit: Edits made. Edited RockPatch 2 section out of the template, again. Replaced RP gallery image with Ares icon. All that remains is to go through all the normal flags and add "ares=yes" to the template.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
Excuse me for not making an in-depth analysis of your changes when the first thing I see is you removing rponly= from the template before I even answered the question.
Either way it doesn't make much sense to ask what to do if you start without waiting for an answer anyway, no matter if you accidently do the right thing or not.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Apologies for assuming that then. I removed rponly= from the template's instructions because it seemed pointless keeping it - if I remember correctly, a few months back it was decided to not bother including RockPatch flags on ModEnc. There's a discussion about it somewhere on ModEnc, I think.
My question was actually about the gallery image, and whether the RockPatch image should be replaced with an Ares one, or whether there should be another box added next to it for Ares. Apologies if I worded it wrongly.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.