Renegade Projects Network Forums
Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Modding (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge Editing (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? (/showthread.php?tid=854)

Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - malashka - 28.07.2007

Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine when playing Red Alert 2 ? I have no intention to use programs like Fraps, I'm just wondering whether this is possible.
Someone told me few years ago that there is a command I can use to record, but it doesn't record proper movies and I have to put something else in the command line and tell the game to load it. Any suggestions ?

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - DCoder - 28.07.2007

See Red_Alert_2#EXE_Switches, the -record and -play switches.

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - malashka - 28.07.2007

DCoder Wrote:See Red_Alert_2#EXE_Switches, the -record and -play switches.

Thank you for such a quick reply. It works perfectly regarding skirmish games but what about network ones ? I'm still playing the game with friends via LAN, it would be damn nice to record them as well.

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Renegade - 28.07.2007

Try it? I never tested it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work?

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Don - 29.11.2007

er sorry for bumping the topic how do i use the command line

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Blade - 29.11.2007

You've got "end user" written all over you Don, you know that?

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Renegade - 29.11.2007

Click me.

Also, be reminded that we are not PPM. You are not protected from any kind of hostility such overly unintelligent questions stirr up. Not to mention that it has been pointed out to me that you already are blacklisted for ripping LaoTze's and DarkElf's work.

iow: How about you just get lost before things turn really ugly?

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Don - 02.03.2008

Just shut up u girl friend fucking guy

Things really are gonna get ugly why dont u just ban me

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - pd - 02.03.2008

1) Bump a 3 month old topic
2) Offend an admin
3) Tell him to ban you
4) ???
5) BANHAMMER!!!

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - DCoder - 02.03.2008

Since he asked for it, I'm happy to help.

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Blade - 02.03.2008

I don't get the girlfriend fucking comment... surely if you have a girlfriend then fucking her would be a good thing no?

RE: Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ? - Marshall - 02.03.2008

I wouldn't expect sense from someone asking to be banned.

Now how about we leave this closed topic to decompose? Or just incinerate it...