Renegade Projects Network Forums
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: News from the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview (/showthread.php?tid=260)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Blade - 11.07.2006

EMP did affect cyborgs, at least after one of the patches (I don't think it did originally). This seemed seperate from the webby logic, they got the EMP anim over them and were frozen after the EMP detonated.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Carnivean - 13.07.2006

Blade Wrote:EMP did affect cyborgs, at least after one of the patches (I don't think it did originally). This seemed seperate from the webby logic, they got the EMP anim over them and were frozen after the EMP detonated.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Renegade - 14.07.2006

Is that the new millenium's version of "me too"?

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Guest - 17.07.2006

so it is passed may when is the release?

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Renegade - 17.07.2006

It's past June, too, and there is no release. It got postponed and there is no ETA.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - pd - 18.07.2006

always these people who don't understand how much work this is... (K, I'm sitting here right now got nothing to do, but I can't always hack, can I Tongue)
Luckily I got CnCVK on my side right now, I talked to him about his attitude towards working constantly, and he's definitely the hardest worker Smile

He's working on the savegames at the moment.
Once that's done, we might actually release this version soon (<- no ETA!, just in case...).

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Bobingabout - 18.07.2006

so you decided to wait till the savegame stuff was fixed. ok.

did you have a look into allowing some kind of sensors=yes tag on buildings like you did for cloakable? its just that we have a "Sensor Drone" that is suposed to deploy into a building to increase sensor range, which currently useless when deployed.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - VK - 18.07.2006

@PD: Please, send me some RULESMD.INI, because I don't know all your new tags Smile
And I found problem: in campaign the RadColor tag not work?!Unhappy

if you want a 4th side mod, most of PDs 4th side tests were dont on R:ROTC, you can download it from the site clicking on the picture in my signalture links you to.

however, it has very little else to do with the latest RockPatch. most of the new stuff was left out because it couldn't be fully utilised because of bugs or incomplete code, it'll be a lot better with 1.08. i am working on an updated rules file for it that i can send over with a new Liqued Nitrogen Missile which leaves a new radiation field. needs immunities adding still though.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - DCoder - 18.07.2006

Bobingabout Wrote:did you have a look into allowing some kind of sensors=yes tag on buildings like you did for cloakable?

Well, I see Stealthable= and StealthGenerator= in the 1.07b exe, but they don't seem to do anything...

well Cloakable=yes is listed as new on 1.08, this usually works on everything but buildings and aircraft. CloakGenerator=yes is used on buildings to stealth nearby things. anything else doesn't work.(i think he(or jonwil) tried in the past to clone the stealth logic to allow a difference between submerged and stealth.) PD said it was so easy to make "Cloakable=yes" work on buildings that he's try and do the same for sensors.

Sensors=yes and SensorsSight=# usually work only on units too. there is however a SensorArray=yes and SensorsSight=15 which is meant to work on buildings, on the phichic sensor(yuri's radar), but it doesn't work.

i don't really care if PD enables Sensors=yes or SensorArray=yes aslong as he has a go at making buildings able to see cloaked units.

apart from my mobile sensor drone, it would make navel defences like torpedo turrets usefull defences.

also i sugest on the wiki doing a think by auther like when jonwil joined to allow credited changed by CnCVK, such as updated savegame format. (i can do this if you want)

a question about savegames. will it be "Backwards compatible" as in, still load your old savegames from before RockPatch or (in the future) older versions of RockPatch?

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - AlliedG - 18.07.2006

i think they way too much trouble in regards to last comment, i've can't remember the last time i saved a game to be honest ...

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - VK - 18.07.2006

The new .SAV files are NOT compatible with old version Unhappy
(Also I think I will change internal version)

I wouldn't expect new .sav files to be compatible with the original game or old patches...

i was asking if 1.08 would load a savegame from original YR1.001?

changing internal version number sounds like a good idea.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Blade - 18.07.2006

I've asked on and off for a 1.002 version number for ages, so that will be nice to see Smile As for SensorArray=yes, it does have an effect. It causes a radar even to appear if a steath unit is detected within its range (although it can't detect them itself like it should be able to) and it also gives a radar event and shows the health bar for subterrain units (which is what its supposed to do). EVA voice events for detecting stealth/sub units and Subterrain units would be nice though.

Edit:
On the subject of radar events, many of them share the same colour...there are 6 valid events I believe, but 3 draw gold boxes, 2 draw blue boxes and one draws a purple one. Would be nice if they had different colours.