Renegade Projects Network Forums
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: News from the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview (/showthread.php?tid=260)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Nighthawk - 28.07.2006

Quote:i.e., you do use ParadropSpecial for IsAirstrip type factory?
ParadropSpecial is a superweapon that drops whatever infantry are in the 'Ally/Sov/YuriParadropInf=' lists in number that's in the 'Ally/Sov/YuriNum=' lists. What CnCVK is describing are actions used by units in scripts, such as those on maps.
Quote:Then his action set to another which moving plane left the map
When the plane has left the map, can you not just use the action that deletes the team members (I forget the number)

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Bobingabout - 28.07.2006

where the hell did all this AirStrip factory crap come from anyway? we all know non-VTOL planes is impossable...

something tells me what you think is an airstrip is not what the rest of us call an airstrip...

for this network game thing. i'm thinking we need to include some kind of RP version number on LAN, so you can only connect to LAN games with the same RP version as what you are using, this would then allow you to transmit these new settings.

this could also be done with internet, but you'd probably need some kind of co-operation with the server admins from XWIS...

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - VK - 28.07.2006

Good news, people
I did 75% load / save codeWink
(Save SuperWeaponTypeClass, PD's TTExt, TechoTypeClass)
So, now you can load game and continue play, using SW, units with bounty logicSmile
(Earlier, if you load game and try using some SW (like NewParaDrop) you have Internal Error)
Remained only to add save / load code which allow save game normal when LightningStorm or Dominator is active
To Write save / load code was terriblyUnhappy
I rewrite all code 6 timesBang head against wall

Quote:something tells me what you think is an airstrip is not what the rest of us call an airstrip...
I mean under "AirStrip" new factory type when units are arrive by plane

Quote:i.e., you do use ParadropSpecial for IsAirstrip type factory?
I talk about ParaDropSpecial realizationsSmile

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Marshall - 28.07.2006

Your AirStrip is a very interesting idea.
I think what most people think of as an Airstrip is a building that produces AircraftTypes and has them take off and land like 'normal' planes (i.e. not Vertical Take Off and Landing). But your idea certainly is an interesting new feature.

One thing that I think would be quite cool is to have FreeUnit= be delivered by plane (like in Dune 2, where the Harvester that comes free with the refinery is delivered by an NPC Carryall).

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Tratos - 28.07.2006

Marshall Wrote:Your AirStrip is a very interesting idea.
I think what most people think of as an Airstrip is a building that produces AircraftTypes and has them take off and land like 'normal' planes (i.e. not Vertical Take Off and Landing). But your idea certainly is an interesting new feature.

One thing that I think would be quite cool is to have FreeUnit= be delivered by plane (like in Dune 2, where the Harvester that comes free with the refinery is delivered by an NPC Carryall).

In which case it would be useful to be able to choose which unit/plane delivers the unit.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Marshall - 29.07.2006

Yes indeed. Perhaps having a tag for the Building that chooses what aircraft delivers the produced/freeunit vehicle.
Also, is there any chance that the plane that delivers the vehicle could be a carryall rather than an AircraftType? I imagine that would be a lot more difficult though.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - VK - 29.07.2006

Saving / Loading code is completed on 98%Smile
It have not any Internal Errors, but if you load in main menu and Dominator is active, it set ambient value to zero and another minor bugsUnhappy

I have idea how to add NegativePrerequisite=[Building List] tag
Maybe, I will do it today
It can be use for upgrade system
For example:
If you have not TECH building, you can build Grizzly Battle Tank
If you have TECH building, you can not build Grizzly Battle Tank, but can build Gold Grizzly Battle Tank, which have more strength Wink

Quote:take off and land like 'normal' planes (i.e. not Vertical Take Off and Landing).
It's hard coded in FlyLocomotion
Quote:Your AirStrip is a very interesting idea
It's from TD - where NOD have AirStrip as WarFactory

RE:  RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - pArtizAn - 29.07.2006

Marshall Wrote:Your AirStrip is a very interesting idea.
AirStrip is Nod 'warfactory' in Tiberian Dawn, where the plane flights over this airstrip, drops built unit and flies away.

CnCVK Wrote:I have idea how to add NegativePrerequisite=[Building List] tag
Maybe, I will do it today
Yes! This is cool idea, i have some ideas for my mod with this feature!Thumbs up

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - DCoder - 29.07.2006

Marshall Wrote:Also, is there any chance that the plane that delivers the vehicle could be a carryall rather than an AircraftType? I imagine that would be a lot more difficult though.

Um, since when does Carryall=yes work on anything but AircraftTypes? o_O

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - TheMan - 29.07.2006

will laser size still be in 1.08?

Carryall=[bool] tag read ONLY in AirCraftTypeClass -> On vehicles it not work
Also it have many code and special variables in AirCraftClass -> so it's difficult move to UnitClassUnhappy
But if to start to do it, better to add it to TechnoClass -> InfantryClass and .. BuildingClass will can carry unitsLOL

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Gangster - 29.07.2006

Quote:For example:
If you have not TECH building, you can build Grizzly Battle Tank
If you have TECH building, you can not build Grizzly Battle Tank, but can build Gold Grizzly Battle Tank, which have more strength

If we are talking about upgrages. It would be nice to see AutoPlaceIt=yes/no tag for buildings. Since some mods are using invisible buildings with 0x0 foundation to emulate upgrading system. But in this way player still need to place it some where on map. Doesnt matter where, but it takes time.

More better ... add new sidebar tab or new cameo typeWink
Which allow to make upgrade for buildings and another units
First method now not very real, nowUnhappy
But second method rather real.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - Bobingabout - 29.07.2006

there were 2 ideas for the prerequisite logic, 1 is what you already mentioned. the other general idea for negative prerequisite was to allow for things like an alternate tech tree. when you build a radar and war factory, the tech centre usually pops up, what if more than 1 popped up? 1 would be like, tesla research lab(NATLAB), missile research lab(NAMLAB), readioactive research lab(NARLAB). build the tesla lab, and the other 2 become non-buildable(by having a NegativePrerequisite=NAMLAB,NARLAB on NATLAB), or disapear off the tabs.

although i agree that the idea is brilliant, and i might actually use it 1 day, i'd much prefer the AlternatePrerequisite##= and/or PrerequisiteMisc##= tags.

RE: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview - VK - 30.07.2006

Quote:NegativePrerequisite=NAMLAB,NARLAB
Yes, it will work as list of building types (with "OR" operator)

Quote:AlternatePrerequisite##= PrerequisiteMisc##=
You want what I will add DynamicVector<DynamicVector<BuidingType*>>?!
And it can slow down game engine (But can and no)

First I want to release NegativePrerequisite because it rather simple to addSmile
(Copy one function, change some jmps and add loading list stuff)Wink