Renegade Projects Network Forums
Whiteboy's Rules - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Strategy X Hostees (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Whiteboy's Rules (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Whiteboy's Rules (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Whiteboy's Rules - Painkiller - 23.07.2005

Yeah thats true Unhappy im really impressed by the ai whiteboy it's really good and attempts to kick your ass but i have one complaint

For the love of god please take out the cow juggernaught tanks on some levels when i start the cows just tear me apart! Unhappy

Whiteboy's Rules - DCoder - 24.07.2005

Quote:For the love of god please take out the cow juggernaught tanks on some levels when i start the cows just tear me apart!

@Whiteboy: One more reason why using civilian stuff as military hardware is a bad idea. I`ve previously shown you what was wrong with your thinking about the 101 unit limit, you might as well fix it.

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 24.07.2005

Bah, n00bs... can't take out a C.O.W. Judgement Tank with your few starting GIs... well OK, fair enough. Starting with the most dangerous units, I'm gonna change them back to civilian things. The cows will be less lethal now Tongue

About the COW Judgement Tank... I'm looking to edit it's animations. Anyone care to help me out? I want it's walking animation changed to have mini-rocket boosters on it's hooves, and it should hover slightly above the ground (with a shadow of course). It just looks a bit silly walking on water. This cow is not related to Jesus. It also needs some remaps. Can anyone lend a hand so this mod can be finished sooner?

Whiteboy's Rules - Painkiller - 29.07.2005

are you mad? a few gi's can't stop that monster! actually i think you should scrap the whole civilian attacking us cause on city maps with lots of civilans and neutral tanks you'll have big problems and the ai will be dumb cause there getting pounded

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 29.07.2005

^^^ Read above, and also read about a thousand or so other topics on various forums on various sites about this... yes I am doing something about it. But on the other hand, it was never that bad. IMO, it made campaign mode much more interesting.

In WR V1.0, I firmly believe that campaign mode was much better. I played right through BOTH campaigns with V1.0, to prove it to myself that they could be finished. And I was right. They are not only completeable, but they are more fun. For proof, just play the final Soviet mission. Extremely hard with about 3 different paradrops assaulting you from the start and barely any hope of winning. But after many tries, I did it - and what a sense of achievement it was! It remains one of my favourite C&C missions - YR: WR, Soviet final mission. Remember that Tongue

Whiteboy's Rules - Painkiller - 29.07.2005

yep i'll try that, could you add support for assault in 1.5?

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 30.07.2005

Already done Big Grin

Whiteboy's Rules - CannisRabidus - 30.07.2005

Whiteboy Wrote:IMO, it made campaign mode much more interesting.
You could mod the civilians to be crazy in the global rulesmd.ini, so the campaigns would be err, different Wink

...And then mod them back to be normal in all the MP override files, so civilians are what is expected, on skirmish maps.

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 30.07.2005

Good idea. I plan to do game modes at a later stage... I already have a few ideas. DCoder also suggested a "no lights" mode. But with these extra modes, I want the normal modes and Assault modes to be playable too... ideally I need a kind of menu layout like the one you have Cannis.

Something like, all the original modes and Assault modes, PLUS "No lights Battle", "No Lights FFA", "No Lights Assault", "No Lights Team Assault", and then of course on to things like "All techs Team Assault", "All techs No Lights Team Assault", "No paradrops, no lights, low-tech, FFA"... you get the idea. All of which will get pretty complicated if I attempt to combine them all.

So I will have as little game modes as is possible while aiming for variety. But I'll work on game modes last. Maybe even release V1.5 without extra ones (bar Assault) and release a "game modes expansion pack". All depends on how long people can wait for the mod Tongue

Whiteboy's Rules - Dark-Assasin - 31.07.2005

What do you mean when you say no light? Also, in your most recent beta I have, some of the game modes dont even have proper names. they say STT: or whatever.

Whiteboy's Rules - DCoder - 31.07.2005

No light, as in no crazy blocks of light around all the buildings.

Edit: w00t! 1000 posts! ^_^

Whiteboy's Rules - Entith2290 - 31.07.2005

i would love a no lights mode alot of the time Tongue

edit: w00t, 670 posts LOL

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 31.07.2005

w00t, more than 100 posts Tongue

That strangely named game mode should be ignored. There are two of them - no lights and debug mode (for testing, plus the AI is super-mad-crazy here).

Announcement: Truefeel's completed map "Da River 2" is the official map of Whiteboy's Rules 1.5, and will come packaged with the mod. Shortly after the mod's release, you will be able to download this map, along with "Da River", from www.cncgames.com.

Whiteboy's Rules - truefeel - 01.08.2005

LOL

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 01.08.2005

What?

(BTW, the map DOES have errors. This one slope needs to be fixed, and the map given it's proper name).