Renegade Projects Network Forums
Whiteboy's Rules - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Strategy X Hostees (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Whiteboy's Rules (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Whiteboy's Rules (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 27.06.2005

OK... I'll try to get on MSN every day... and Daemon, I'll tell Cannis again. He just needs reminding every so often... same thing happened with wthigon :S

Whiteboy's Rules - CannisRabidus - 27.06.2005

I did change D?mon's permissions back when, and he certainly should see the forum.

The private WBR forum is a subforum of this one, D?mon, not a forum in the Skunk Works like YR squared.

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 28.06.2005

Thanks Cannis. He has seen it now Tongue

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 03.07.2005

I am happy to announce that the other day, the AI completely raped me. I was defeated in mere minutes. I highly recommend NOT having the game speed on the highest two levels when playing this mod, unless you like humiliation...

The reason for the pwnage? DCoder. He gave me a hand with a lot of AI and some rules crap... a lot of crap. Took all day. But now, I can say that the AI will build an impressive base, with plenty and varied defences, non-cluttered wall-building skills, etc. etc. and it will build quite far up the tech tree, sometimes even up to max (this is quite far - for anyone who is unfamiliar with the mod). Scaringly, it also sometimes builds a Stealth Generator. It's freaky when you are attacking the AI, and suddenly half of it's base disappears... but it's still beatable. The Stealth Generator emits negative light - so look for a slightly black patch somewhere, and force-fire away!

The Soviet AI will now actually attack. Before, it was brain-dead. But now it, like the Allies and Yuri, build hoardes of infantry and units (including naval units) in it's attempts to slaughter you. Plus, Entith's AI seems to be working now Big Grin That's right Entish, your AI is in full effect and it loves to cheat a bit and use Chrono Ultima Tanks and Railships to it's heart's content... even when it doesn't meet the prereqs.

What does all this mean? It means a more challenging, active and overwhelming AI. Now it's not just an ignorable threat, even in easy mode Big Grin Soon, all three factions will be utilising the new WR units - expect things to be a lot more fun than the first Beta released here!

Thanks a lot DCoder, now I must sleep. I'm not going to bed at 6:30 in the morning again because of modding...

Whiteboy's Rules - Entith2290 - 03.07.2005

yay

BTW, could you send me the fixed AI, aswell as the details as to what DCoder did to make it work

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 04.07.2005

I believe it worked before - it was just something in the rules file (AIGenerals) preventing it from working properly. DCoder did make some tweaks to it though to make it even better. Latest AI file coming your way Entith... I'll also list some taskforces... time to get the imaginative juices flowing again!

Whiteboy's Rules - Zelab - 05.07.2005

Hello.

I want be a beta tester for this mod.
Becouse is funny and i like this mod relly much Big Grin.

What i can do=
Beta tester (how) = :suspect:

I test all resolution and look on color wrong on ANI building and much more.
If is it a new building some 1 have made i test it full out =P

I look on VXL if them have some Color wrong or them fire (FLH) from wrong spot.
And i look on VXL how them come from the war factroy and much more.

Map i test nery every thing on map desotry nery all building but before i test is can be capture or is can take infantry and when is work i test them can be desotry.

If is shomthing wrong on the map i take pictres or say where the bug is if it a bunker some dont work i post it say on what map is it on and much more.

Thanks for me have a nice day.
PS: soory for my bad english. :upside:

Whiteboy's Rules - zero2 - 05.07.2005

you have to remain active for testing.

can you do that?

Whiteboy's Rules - Zelab - 05.07.2005

What is it never heard about it:s

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 05.07.2005

Zelab, like I told you before, I'm sorry. I already have enough testers. But I won't forget you said this - if you really can give me feedback like you just described, and if you establish yourself in the community as a mature, organised person, and if a tester drops out from the team, then... maybe. Your ban from Slepnir's Stuff is definately not a good thing. See what you can do to add to the C-GEN forums, and don't spam, no matter how much you want to. Cannis has his eye on you Tongue

Whiteboy's Rules - Zelab - 06.07.2005

hehe.

I dont wanna spam this forum =P
Yeah i are active on this forum.

I take the beta tester joob when is 1 place there =P

Whiteboy's Rules - Zelab - 21.07.2005

I have be on voction soory WhiteBoy :wacko:

IS have come some new update or what? Rolling eyes

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 22.07.2005

A lot of work has been going on "behind the scenes" - new maps and AI - but no new releases or anything like that, yet Tongue

Whiteboy's Rules - ctcdmb - 22.07.2005

The AI really makes me work my air defenses! are there some new AA that I just am too dumb to find?

Whiteboy's Rules - Whiteboy - 23.07.2005

Yeah, but in the version sitting on my HDD, the AI is even crueller. It's sending NEMESIS Bombers at me now... along with much more Rocketeers etc. etc. You could build the high-tech defenses (each side has one) but really, your units are very good for AA. Especially when the power goes off Big Grin Try the Assault Police Car, Gattling Tanks, the Magnetron (it has new anti air/anti infantry missiles), Cosmonauts (only available after building the Army Hospital), a few Flak Tracks, and if you're up against paradrops, some ground forces waiting for them such as SEALs, Flamethrowers, Genetic Warriors or Flint Westwood. There are so many ways to stop AA if you think about it. A good idea is NOT to have the game speed at full (or even second fastest) since with modern PC,s this just makes the game go too fast and you'll be raped by paradrops before you can see them coming.