Renegade Projects Network Forums
Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? (/showthread.php?tid=1877)

Pages: 1 2

Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Zero.Zone - 30.05.2011

I have asked him about if I can be a tester of Ares with a PM,but he hasn't reply me back?

Also,how can I do if I want to upload a screenshot atlas over 20MB?Should I upload by 5 times?

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - ¥R M0dd€r - 30.05.2011

20mb picture? I dont know, either upload the image on a file upload site(such as megaupload or mediafire) or try photobucket.
And, do you want to be a tester so you can get access to latest Ares you do you actually want to test/searching for bugs?

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Zero.Zone - 30.05.2011

yeah,and I've done a lot of functions and found really many bugs,may cause IE or RE,or little bug.

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Orac - 30.05.2011

I thought he was Nighthawk?

(30.05.2011, 03:30:10)Orac Wrote: I thought he was Nighthawk?

Right,he is.

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Graion Dilach - 30.05.2011

If you find them, report them.

You can say anything, but AFAIK you haven't found any bugs, since they aren't reported. And you can use the tracker without beta access, y'know.

I was a reporter for a time before I became an official tester... and when I look back, I realize it was a great time to get used to the RenProj's style.

About that 20 MB picture... don't use BMP. Use PNG.

OK,say some bugs?There's so many.
1.New chrono often causes RE.
2.EMP often causes RE.
3.Laser Fence isn't continuous.
4.Normal fix cant turn rubble into the past one.
5. EMPWH with KillDriver logic will EMP tanks as soon as an operator goes into.
6.PrismForwarding used with Tesla and RadBeam will cause IE when they attack themselves.
7.A Laser weapon without IsHouseColor=yes doesnt work with LaserThickness.
8.PrismForwarding may cause RE.
9.This is not a bug..UnitDelivery doesnt have a list of num of types in the delivery type list.(Seems Droppod is better on this function,but it may also cause IE,unitdelivery wouldnt.)
10.New Chrono will make a new unit when you use the SW on a building with FreeUnit tag.
11.New Chrono will make spotlight stay up in their old places.
12. FireStorm will also be turned on/off by others,not only by you.
13.There isnt a new tag can use on a projectile that can pass Firestorm.(Can IgonreFireStorm=yes be used now?)
14.AI wont use FireStorm.
15.AI-controlled units will be stupid if they are attacking you but you turn on the FireStorm immediately.
16.New chrono will make a soldier go back and go to the place you want when they are moving.And the soldier can walk on any surface.(Moutain,river)
17.There's an introduce about 1min anim for SW buildings but there's no code?(Or just I dont know how to use?)
18.New Spyplane will land onto your airport when they finish ther missions if it can build by you,and you cant use them.
19.EMP sometimes cause Aircraft crash,sometimes cause them just stay in air.
20.No use if I set SW.RequiresTarget=infantry,units,buildings in ForceShield.It just work for buildings.
21.New chrono will make a neutral tanks move to somewhere and back.
22.Not a bug,but many people in China feel Ares is so slow.(But as least my computer doesnt fell slowly.)
23.Spotlight is much higher than the tank's height.

Well,I can remember these,and there's some I may havent remembered.Dont laugh at my English,Im a student.
Are those bugs enough?
A 300kb Jpg picture turn into PNG,it take 1.4MB.

Learn the tracker, dammit!

OTOH, some of them doesn't look like a bug/reported. I'll go through that list when I have time... not now, tbh.

Whats a tracker?
I just list those bug,and I'm lazy to post them all on bugreport house.

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - ¥R M0dd€r - 30.05.2011

(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: OK,say some bugs?There's so many.
1.New chrono often causes RE.
2.EMP often causes RE.
3.Laser Fence isn't continuous.
4.Normal fix cant turn rubble into the past one.
5. EMPWH with KillDriver logic will EMP tanks as soon as an operator goes into.
6.PrismForwarding used with Tesla and RadBeam will cause IE when they attack themselves.
7.A Laser weapon without IsHouseColor=yes doesnt work with LaserThickness.
8.PrismForwarding may cause RE.
9.This is not a bug..UnitDelivery doesnt have a list of num of types in the delivery type list.(Seems Droppod is better on this function,but it may also cause IE,unitdelivery wouldnt.)
10.New Chrono will make a new unit when you use the SW on a building with FreeUnit tag.
11.New Chrono will make spotlight stay up in their old places.
12. FireStorm will also be turned on/off by others,not only by you.
13.There isnt a new tag can use on a projectile that can pass Firestorm.(Can IgonreFireStorm=yes be used now?)
14.AI wont use FireStorm.
15.AI-controlled units will be stupid if they are attacking you but you turn on the FireStorm immediately.
16.New chrono will make a soldier go back and go to the place you want when they are moving.And the soldier can walk on any surface.(Moutain,river)
17.There's an introduce about 1min anim for SW buildings but there's no code?(Or just I dont know how to use?)
18.New Spyplane will land onto your airport when they finish ther missions if it can build by you,and you cant use them.
19.EMP sometimes cause Aircraft crash,sometimes cause them just stay in air.
20.No use if I set SW.RequiresTarget=infantry,units,buildings in ForceShield.It just work for buildings.
21.New chrono will make a neutral tanks move to somewhere and back.
22.Not a bug,but many people in China feel Ares is so slow.(But as least my computer doesnt fell slowly.)
23.Spotlight is much higher than the tank's height.

Well,I can remember these,and there's some I may havent remembered.Dont laugh at my English,Im a student.
Are those bugs enough?
A 300kb Jpg picture turn into PNG,it take 1.4MB.

What version are you using?

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - DCoder - 30.05.2011

Quote:I just list those bug,and I'm lazy to post them all on bugreport house.
Then you do not have the patience, thoroughness and motivation to be a tester. Period.

Couldn't say it better, D. But I am bored so I go through.

(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 1.New chrono often causes RE.
Details, please.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 2.EMP often causes RE.
I don't think so, I tested EMP online throughly, it isn't.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 3.Laser Fence isn't continuous.
Are you sure it's an Ares bug?
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 4.Normal fix cant turn rubble into the past one.
WUT?! Advanced.Rubble isn't equal to LeaveRubble. It's need to be activated on it's own.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 5. EMPWH with KillDriver logic will EMP tanks as soon as an operator goes into.
A, Warhead name doesn't count. B, Untested, you might be correct or wrong... dunno.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 6.PrismForwarding used with Tesla and RadBeam will cause IE when they attack themselves.
And IIRC this was fixed some time ago.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 7.A Laser weapon without IsHouseColor=yes doesnt work with LaserThickness.
RTFM.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 8.PrismForwarding may cause RE.
Also IE. Known.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 9.This is not a bug..UnitDelivery doesnt have a list of num of types in the delivery type list.(Seems Droppod is better on this function,but it may also cause IE,unitdelivery wouldnt.)
What DropPod?! THERE IS NO DROPPOD IN ARES! (If you mean Paradrop, say that. DropPod is in TS.)
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 10.New Chrono will make a new unit when you use the SW on a building with FreeUnit tag.
IIRC YRM reported this and it's already fixed.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 11.New Chrono will make spotlight stay up in their old places.
AFAIK part of Philadelphia Experiment.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 12. FireStorm will also be turned on/off by others,not only by you.
IIRC known.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 13.There isnt a new tag can use on a projectile that can pass Firestorm.(Can IgonreFireStorm=yes be used now?)
Dunno, but if it works, it's spelt as IgnoreToFirestorm.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 14.AI wont use FireStorm.
Known.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 15.AI-controlled units will be stupid if they are attacking you but you turn on the FireStorm immediately.
RTFM.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 16.New chrono will make a soldier go back and go to the place you want when they are moving.And the soldier can walk on any surface.(Moutain,river)
Known(?)
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 17.There's an introduce about 1min anim for SW buildings but there's no code?(Or just I dont know how to use?)
I don't have Ra2 right now but it's a plain RA2 tag (might be TS) and I don't remember which it is. Check the Nuke Silo.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 18.New Spyplane will land onto your airport when they finish ther missions if it can build by you,and you cant use them.
I don't see the point.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 19.EMP sometimes cause Aircraft crash,sometimes cause them just stay in air.
Let's call it EMP.Threshold. If you use ImmuneToEMP, you'll be immune to Threshold. RTFM.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 20.No use if I set SW.RequiresTarget=infantry,units,buildings in ForceShield.It just work for buildings.
Dunno.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 21.New chrono will make a neutral tanks move to somewhere and back.
Are you sure? I haven't seen this before.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 22.Not a bug,but many people in China feel Ares is so slow.(But as least my computer doesnt fell slowly.)
Nonsense. Only logging can slow Ares down, but that can only happen if your AI gets pathfinding issues or AffectsEnemies. Latter is still unknown cause (it dumps 180 bytes now if it does IIRC, will be reported when I figure out the current cause)
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: 23.Spotlight is much higher than the tank's height.
Because you're stupid and haven't set up the source point exactly. RTFM.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: Well,I can remember these,and there's some I may havent remembered.Dont laugh at my English,Im a student.
Are those bugs enough?
Guess what, I'm a student as well. OK, I have a passive semester right now but whatever. And as you can see, some of those bugs are known, some of them are even mentioned in the manual... and some of them are just plain nonsense. But no, I won't laugh on your English, I've seen worse.
(30.05.2011, 15:23:54)Zero.Zone Wrote: A 300kb Jpg picture turn into PNG,it take 1.4MB.

http://wiki.openttd.org/Screenshots#Description
Not exactly RA2 but the points there are valid and more exact then I can tell you. (Except that it speaks about 256 colors, while RA2 uses 16bit for output.). But if you convert a JPG to PNG, you're already scrapped.

Oh, and after this loong post... I am 100% agree with DCoder and I guess this is why you didn't get an answer. There are rules to follow for Ares testers, like learning netiquette (that's maybe a prerequisite) and using the bugtracker properly and other stuff. If you can't follow them, don't even bother to ask.

Meanwhile... weren't you that guy who leaked MO 2.5?

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Zero.Zone - 31.05.2011

Well,I'm really stupid on some things.Some bugs you can do and see.I'm not a good modder now,just like what MK said.I know a tester need some rules and use a bugtracker.But for now,a dump document take 200MB+,and it's not easily for me to upload by my poor network speed.(30-40KBs in China and 10kbs in other countries)
Anyway,if I should improve something,pls tell me and I'll try my best to do harder.
I've send a PM to Nighthawk and he replied me and asked me if I want to be a tester.I dont know what's that mean.

Oh,I just tell Speeder that 2.5 has been in China for a long time,till now we dont know who upload 2.5 in China.Speeder is angried with this,and I've told them to play 2.0psi_P2 instead of it,but,there's always players want 2.5,not 2.0psi_p2.Most of Chinese players are lazy to go to MO website. They ask for download link everyday,for 2.0c,psi and 2.5.No way to stop them.
BTW:What's RTFM mean?
Well,I didnt set ImmuneToEMP.

I mean droppod in NP/TS,it had a tag for numbers of the tag for things what to drop.UnitDelivery doesnt have the tag.

Sorry but I just see DCoder now.I should do a lot of work,on study,test,homework(Chinese students' homework is much more difficult,and there are too much!),even on my leg--I have a illness on my leg and ...Don't say more,but I dont have enough time.And,you see,some of the bugs have been posted in bughouse.I'll post some of bugs I found later.(But now I dont have a mouse with my PC..)

To YRModder:0.1.1094.
Okay,tell me some of the rules that a tester need?I'll obey them.
Just now I've read RTFM,and I found I'm a littel rude.Emm,I'll say more,more kindly..

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Nighthawk - 31.05.2011

<sighs> Where to begin...

Yes, I was quite busy up until a couple of days ago. And the PM I sent you was the same one I send to anyone applying for Ares testing - I outlined in detail the commitments required, warned that it was no easy task, mentioned that it's not a method of getting your hands on new features earlier, and inquired as to your modding experience. To these, I did not receive much of a reply, which instantly made me doubt your ability to be a tester. And to be honest, with the massive amount of successive posts in this topic, I'm even more doubtful.

Additionally, not being able to use basic things such as the bugtracker would instantly rule you out as a tester. That is our central method of collating, documenting and tracking the progress of any bugs that crop up in Ares, and is the place where testers are *required* to post any bugs. If you can't use it, you can't test Ares. Simple.

Lastly, I was also told by someone that you already have access to testing builds of Ares, which makes me question why you're applying to begin with, whenever you already have all the tools at your disposal to test Ares and report bugs on your own.

In summary, I'll give you the same reply I've been trying to give you every time you PM me. I'm doubtful of your ability to be a tester, and unless you can prove otherwise to me, that's the way it will stay. That is all.

RE: Is NightHarwark trully busy now? - Zero.Zone - 31.05.2011

Well,Nighthawk,can you leave me your MSN or an email address?I'll send you my screenshots zip of Ares,include some functions.

What's a bugtracker?A website to post bug?(I think it's bughouse)The 200mb+ document when I IE?Or what things else?Pls explain to me,and I'll use it.
Okay,I found bugtracker=Bughouse.I know how to use,but I havent create a new account.I'll create it this evening(China).