Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Nintendo 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great 3D games have got to start somewhere and again we were amazed by another one of Nintendo's great successes with the Nintendo 64 and its great games to follow.Smile
Now we discuss why it was amazing popular throughout the world and how it captured our....er.....minds......
Personally it had way better games than the GameCube and thusly was more successfull!

I still have my N64 plugged into my Telly!
Hmm, my 2 N64s still serve me well. Heck, I still buy games for it! Just got Quake, next up is Paper Mario (I've played the Gamecube sequel and it's FANTASTIC, I reccomend it Tom, you'd ove it). I also want Banjo-Tooie, maybe Donkey Kong 64 and I definately want Conker's Bad Fur Day (the great and mighty singing poo? rofl)

The N64 arguably may have better games than the Cube - for me though the Cube wins. It's just hard to find the decent Cube games. But some DEFINATE winners over N64 games are Paper Mario 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee (did you know that the Wii Smash Bros. game is the mos ttalked about of all Wii games, yet it's not even released until next year?)... and F-Zero GX.

I could list many more if ya like. But some N64 winners are Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (it's about the same quality as Ocarina of Time, but I just prefer the doomsday style of Majora). That's not to say that I don't like the GC Zelda of course. I LOVE it! It's such a vast game, you are free to sail wherever you like on a very vast ocean. BTW, you can also play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the Cube, as well as some NES Zelda games - they came as a bonus with the first release of Wind Waker.

Tom, the Zelda universe calls you, I know you were considering Twilight Princess... well that game has been promised by Nintendo to be the best yet. Better than Ocarina. Which is damn good considering this: The top 10 best games ever, given as an average score from many respected online and offline reviews.

By the way, DarkSponge, I gave you a +1 reputation rating for starting many threads here Wink
Thank you Whiteboy, that is much appreciated.Anyway, i'd have to agree with you about GC being better than Nintendo 64 because i loved Super Smash bros. Melee and a lot of other games that i have played ( eg. Metroid Prime ) But then again yeah, as you said The Ocarina of Time really is a great game and that must have really made the Nintendo 64 more worth the money, so i am going to take the most obvious action and download the emul8r and rom 4 it.
Or get the Wii's Virtual Console version Big Grin
IF...i get a wii...i might end up NEVER evn getting a wii.Unhappy ( highly unlikely but still.... )
Oh, but you must. Your life depends on it, and you know it Tongue
the newest nintendo console i have is the SNES, well, unless you include portable console, in which case its the GBA.
then again, the newest sega console i have is the megadrive, even though the 32X, satern and dreamcast were released afterwards. (i did however get the megadrive 32X, which is basicly a second megadrive in a cartrage that slots inside your existing megadrive, and allows you to play 32X games on it. i think the 32X was the first duel processor games console, and was simply a pair of megadrives. it also was the first machine to play previous console games(megadrive) without any converters or emulators.)
i do however have a 3DO FZ-1, 3DO FZ-10 a playstation 1 (a middle model version with expansion slot) and playstation 2 (also a middle model version, every couple of months they churned out a new version of the PS2). but i'm a PC guy, so, i rarely buy or use consoles. i only have 5 games for my PS2. (i only have 6 kinda modern games for PC)
WHOA, SPEAK ENGLISH! HAHAHAHAHABig Grin And Whiteboy, It's still not up to me whether i get a Wii or not....
I'm getting a Wii on its release date. Tongue
darksponge Wrote:WHOA, SPEAK ENGLISH! HAHAHAHAHABig Grin And Whiteboy, It's still not up to me whether i get a Wii or not....

It should be if you have the money, I saved my pocket money for the Cube, DS and allmost all of my games.

I don'y get pocket money anymore Unhappy!
You get better than poket money, right from taxpayers Wink

I got that sorta cash when I was in the UK, but not for too long. It sure came in handy...
Education Maintenace Alowence is very usefull!
I only earn about $10 a week from paper runs and so i'll probably only have about $80 by christmas ( but the money was intended to be for the wi-fi connector ) unless i wait 'till some time next year for the Wii, or the connector ( which i REALLY don't want to do....)
Well your DS will connect to the Wii in the same way as the Wi fi USB connector I beleve!
Pages: 1 2