Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: AmbientDamage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to get a weapon to punch through enemies in front of the targeted unit using AmbientDamage. So far, I could only get it work work if I have IsSonic=yes. The entry for it on Modenc sounded like it should work on any kind of weapon though (minus the special ones of course)...

Is there a way to get AmbientDamage to work without having to use IsSonic=yes?
With Ares, that should be possible on all Wave weapons, and iirc railguns can apply it too.
Hmm, would weapons with regular projectiles like cannon balls work?

EDIT: What am I saying? What meant to say was, is it suppose to work with regular projectiles?
I was pretty sure AmbientDamage works on all weapons? Lift eyebrow
ModEnc doesn't mention any limitations, either.
Ok, I just tried this in vanilla YR and it didn't work either...

Going through the original rules file. it looks like it only works for all weapons from TS.
That is: FireballLauncher, SonicZap, and LtRail

What a misleading entry...
I'm going to add more info about this now.
After looking at the code, I can say I was right - AmbientDamage only works on Wave weapons and IsRailgun=yes . As far as I can see, FireballLauncher's particles deliver the damage, not its AmbientDamage, but since its Damage = 0, leaving AmbientDamage = 0 would make this weapon impotent as far as targeting is concerned.
Ok, that answers my question. I've added the bit onto its entry on ModEnc.

Thanks you guys for your help!
@D: Is it possible this is a patch- or YR-change to stock RA2? 'cause I'm rather sure I've had AmbientDamage working on stuff like lasers before...Wtf (checking)
Weird.