Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Long lines gets garbled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just noticed it by rereading the NIPPLES AREOLA.

If you follow the link specified at the third page (as a Photobucket-moved Custom Bolt Colors), you'll find that the link got an additional character into it. The character I found in my link (which resulted with a garbled link thereby Photobucket can't find the image) is %E2%80%8B according to Total Commander's Lister, checked in UTF-8.

IIRC this same character pops up in my Airstrike tut as well.

I use Opera and Chrome.

Can you tell me a reason what causes this? (Besides that my link is usual than an ordinary one)...
It's the UTF-8 representation of a zero-width space. No idea how you got that one in there. Maybe copy-pasted from Photobucket, the url bar, or elsewhere.

It's also possible the forum adds it for readability reasons, and you're just the first one to have a problem with it.

Does that happen on any other links?
It's certainly not copy-pasted. Photobucket instantly offers me an IMG-link and I always use that one.

I'm not familiar with MyBB, however I found this as a potential cause of the problem. The link is 105 characters long, so it bypasses that 80 limit the first post mentions.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-40223.html

My suggestion is to turn that Word Wrapper off if possible, since if we start to copy long codes, Owners can bypass this 80 char limit as well.
Actually, our word wrap character seems to be set to appear after 50 chars.
The fact remains that this was never an issue before, and no one else reported an issue, either.

So I most certainly won't change the forum configuration just yet.