Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Full Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is gonna suck but i gotta ask if its a LaunchBase thing or whatever but I'm using LaunchBase with ARES and I wanna know why Yuri's Revenge always opens in windowed even though I set the shortcut to maximized. It used to run fullscreen on my other computer before it fried but that computer was on XP. It just bugs me to play windowed. Also anyone know of a magical way to just have my computer automatically change to 16bit mode when I start YR?
On Windows 7, my graphics card (NVidia GeForce GTX 4## series) garbles the menu in full screen mode, but it works okay in windowed mode. However, Ares doesn't enforce this as far as I know...
Launch Base shouldn't enforce it either.
Is it possible your graphics card has a similar problem and is forcing the game to run in a window?
It is possible this game is well...aged.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 video card btw.
Do it starts windowed even without Launch Base?
Without LauncheBase it is full screen although it's in 4:3 not 16:whatever. Is that because LaunchBase just runs gamemd or whatever exe without going through the shortcut? The only file I get to chose fullscreen or not is on the Yuri's Revenge shortcut not any of the exes in the RA2 folder.
Setting this on a shortcut should not actually make the game actually run in a window. The game handles this all by itself.
Can you go Launch Base's options, on the "Game" tab? There is a check box called "Windowed Mode". Uncheck that to have YR run fullscreen when launched from LB.
You don't have to change your color depth for YR when you run it fullscreen, thus your search for a tool to do that might be over Tongue 2
OMG u have just saved me awesome. I just have to say that I feel slightly stupid now though. Thanx tho
Uh yeah, Launch Base can't know anything about your shortcuts, that's why the "Game" tab exists.

Although Windowed mode shouldn't have been turned on by default...